I managed to get Friday off on a short notice (thanks to nice bosses and a birthday leave raincheck I left in Feb) and instantly my week didn’t seem that blue after all.
Bobo attributed it to the “long weekend syndrome” which explained for my ecstasy spirits when I told him I was on a 4-day work week this week, but I reckon a ‘much needed NAP’ was a better fit.
While on the way home today, I took some time to reflect on how I wanted to spend Friday productively, but somehow it seemed like a day wasn’t enough to fit the everything I wanted to do!
Here’s the current laundry list of ‘wants’:
- wear a favourite yet comfy outfit
- couple time with the husband
- finish the current book
- pick up a new book and read at least 1/3 of it over coffee time with myself
- hair – yes. I’m finally going to grow out the fringe (hooray) and I need my trusty expert to start slicing it in the right way so that it wouldn’t grow out looking ‘forced’
- princess mani and pedi at my regular place – how can I say no to that
- waxing – am starting to enjoy these sessions a lot more now
- badly needed eye treatment (I hear this one that I’m keen to try out is terribly GOOOOOOOOD)
- body massage (which I can leave till the weekend to enjoy with the husband)
- nice dinner with bobo to kickstart the weekend in our usual fashion
So either I start my day bright & early for once OR sleep through it as always.
I can’t wait. I’m excited just thinking about it.